GrossiWeb brought our company online a little over 2 years ago and the results have been nothing less than tremendous! Their professional designs, keen insight, and ongoing support have vaulted our company to the forefront of our highly competitive market with significant revenue increases and broader exposure. GrossiWeb has exceeded our expectations on every level and made our business stronger and more secure. Always available and easy to work with, I highly recommend GrossiWeb for any business, large or small, looking to expand their online horizons and exposure. -- Tyson Rhame :: Sterling Currency Group, President
Biggest SEO Mistakes
- Firstly, don't wait too long to use SEO for your website. You need to plan the launch of a new website or a website upgrade with SEO in mind. Also simply hiring an SEO consultant or a company and distancing yourself from it, is a huge mistake. Remember that you will pay the price if the consultant or the company you have hired use black-hat SEO techniques and end up blacklisting your website from the search engines.
- Choose the right keywords for your website. It effectively increases your chance of appearing among the top results in search engines. That's why you need to choose your keyword phrases with care. Don't ignore longtail opportunities also.
- Avoid mistakes like stuffing keywords in the title and don't exceed the 65-character limit.
- Ignoring local directories and mobile is a huge mistake, especially with mobile searches skyrocketing over 90% (Source: ComScore). Consumers are now relying on their smartphone devices to find local businesses.
- Choosing to be socially "inactive" can impact your website's popularity also. Don't assume that social media is a passing trend. Instead, sign up on Facebook, Twitter and a host of other social media websites to increase exposure and to get listed on the major search engines.
- Search engines learn a lot about your website and judge it based in who you link out to. Hence, you need to ensure that all your external links are to reliable and trusted websites.
- SEO is not a one time process. It is an ongoing process which entails research, performance analysis and implementation of strategies based on search engine algorithms.
- Ignoring Basic Search Engine Guidelines is another mistake which anyone practicing SEO should avoid. The guidelines are available online to read so you can abide by them to win the approval you are seeking.
- Plagiarizing content from other web sources is a strict no-no. Apart from readers, search engines will also distinguish between original and duplicate content. This could affect your web page rankings also.
Discover how great ranking on Google can supercharge your online business. See how Search Engine Optimization can help your business increase traffic to your website and expose your brand to millions of web users. By delivering sound business processes merged with technological creativity, Grossi Web helps clients develop and implement profitable online strategies.